Explore Careers In Manufacturing & Technology During RET Evening on Dec 21 Comment
We recently shared how Michigan’s manufacturing industry is currently booming and our state has two cities ranked in the ‘Top 5’ for advanced manufacturing and engineering jobs. To help spread the good word and educate more people looking for work about the benefits of a stable, fulfilling skilled trades career, we’re participating in the RET Evening, part of Macomb Community College’s Robotics, Engineering & Technology Days.
The inaugural event features a host of representatives from local technical manufacturing companies, all speaking on the job skills required in their workplace and what they look for in potential candidates.
The current companies registered are:
· Brose North America, Inc.
· Cougar Cutting tools
· Ferris State University
· Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
· Ideal Technology Corporation
· KUKA (part of Day event and hands-on exhibits)
· MAT2 (part of Day event and hands-on exhibits )
· Proper Group International
· The Paslin Company
· US Farathane
In addition, there will be tables from:
· Macomb Community College: Career Services
· Macomb Community College: C4K – College for Kids (part of Day event)
· Macomb Community College: Engineering & Advanced Technology – inclusive of WCE (part of Day event and hands-on exhibits)
· Macomb Community College: Recruitment (part of Day event)
· The Center for Advanced Automotive Technology (part of Day event and hands-on exhibits)
The free event takes place on Tuesday, December 2 from 5:30 – 8:30PM at Macomb Community College, Sports & Education Center. Doors open at 5:30, but the event starts at 6:00. Please share with family, friends, industry, schools, etc. and encourage attendance.
To learn more about the RET Evening and take the next steps towards taking on a reliable, long-term career, head to their website and register to attend.